Deprecated: class-oembed.php is deprecated since version 5.3.0! Use wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php instead. in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5049
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/themes/mts_onepage/functions/widget-recentposts.php on line 155
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/themes/mts_onepage/functions/widget-relatedposts.php on line 163
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/themes/mts_onepage/functions/widget-authorposts.php on line 160
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/themes/mts_onepage/functions/widget-popular.php on line 178
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/themes/mts_onepage/functions/widget-catposts.php on line 171
Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/themes/mts_onepage/functions/widget-postslider.php on line 141 Marvel | Avengers Trailer | Session - Linkin Park | We'll avenge it - JoshSnape.com
Marvel | Avengers Trailer | Session – Linkin Park | We’ll avenge it
Below is my second edit, I made this around the time the first avengers film was being hyped to infinity. However, the idea for this edit, did not come to me off the back of this hype, rather it came to me whilst listening to this otherwise forgotten song by Linkin Park. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted to do an avengers edit, but this combination came to me out of nowhere.
I wanted to go down a different route with this edit. My previous edit was slow. I wanted to try doing an edit that had shorter cuts, and a more literal story to the edit. The natural outcome of this, was the create my own “Fan trailer”. The problem with this edit, was a severe lack of editing material. I was restricted to the officially released trailers.
Once I had sliced up the trailers into relevant clips, and formed the bases of how I wanted the trailer to be formed, I set to work. My first editing problem, was the lag I experienced within my editing software. The result of this lag is evident throughout the edit; shoddy cuts and stuttering slow-mo. My new set-up would not have this problem. I persevered and eventually, after 15 or so hours, the end product was produced.
It’s interesting to look back on this. I would hope that since then, the quality of material I produce has somewhat improved. Even if my technological upgrades are the only reason for this. I would like to revisit the “Superhero” genre of edits, utilizing more material, and experiment with a few video effects.
But this set of blog posts, is to show my edits develop, and with this only being the second of them, I think its unresonable to expect this to stand up against later examples. Please check the video out, and any feedback is still useful to this day. I plan to start editing again, after my end of year university exams are wrapped up, so keep an eye out for new content.
I am in my fourth year of education at the University of Hull, enrolled on the Computer Science with Games Development (with Industrial Experience) course. I have an avid interest in programming, and have various levels of experience across a wide range of languages. Most notably C based languages; C# and C++. In addition to my interest in programming in general, I particularly favour graphical programming as well as in engine development. My primary engine experience is within Unreal Engine 4 versions 4.07-4.17, with experience in both C++ and Blueprints. My experience includes: a full year industrial experience working on, among other things, a multi-user mixed medium – PC and VR, training simulation solution for the fire service; an ongoing final year project creating a “Multi-agent Self-managing town simulation” as well as numerous independent projects.